Thursday 5 February 2015

Chapter Two

I love the term “emergency flirtation device” and I’m glad to have found somewhere to use it.

I also enjoyed exploring the ramifications of feeling what other people feel and having to see their worst secrets.  I can imagine it being confusing and discouraging.  Michael holds himself back to keep from being overwhelmed but cares enough about those around him to let himself get pulled in over and over.

I believe we all have cosmic flashes, just not as obvious as Michael’s.  There have been a number of times when I’ve been trying to do something and obstacles keep popping up.  Many times, I’ve discovered that what I was trying to do would have been a mistake.  I know others who’ve had similar experiences.  I believe that sometimes the Universe does conspire to protect us from ourselves.

I also believe in crowd energy.  Sometimes I enter a room full of people and my hackles rise in self-protection.  Although everyone is being pleasant, there’s an undercurrent of tension and aggression.  Other times, it feels like the good times have soaked into the walls, buoying up everyone’s spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment