Thursday 5 February 2015

Chapter Thirteen

This chapter is where we learn why Dalhard was recruiting ex-military personnel to begin with.  He wants suitable test subjects for genetic manipulation.  We also meet Ron McBride and learn about his traumatic experiences.  When I first wrote this scene, I was planning to reveal Dalhard’s powers later on.  But without understanding what my villain was doing, the scene appeared to be somewhat pointless.  So I gave up on the idea of keeping it a secret and made it clear from the beginning.

I deliberately left it ambiguous as to whether or not Rogers really sensed something with Dalhard or if he was just crazy and snapped.  Granted, most of the crazy people in my world know something but sometimes crazy is just crazy.  Doesn’t mean they’re wrong, though.

Ending with the tiny flash of Gwen’s world and experience was fun and creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment