Thursday 5 February 2015

Chapter Three

If I’ve done my job right, when Dani leaves the bar with Josh, everyone should think he is the predator.  Getting to reverse that and show that she is more dangerous to him was one of those great moments as a writer.  It took a lot of rewriting in this chapter to get the balance of danger and pathos right.  I needed to show that she is making the best of a bad set of choices but I didn’t want to undermine my original concept.  At times I toyed with the idea of having her use something other than orgasm to release the Huntress but that is not how the ancient temple priestesses worked.  There was much debate and many people said that no one would want to read a book where the heroine attacks people through sex.  I stuck to my guns and now we’ll see if I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment