Thursday 5 February 2015

Chapter Six

Bernie’s tantrum is based on an actual tantrum described by one of the moms in a message group.  In the space of two hours, her child destroyed the bed in her room.  Everything got hauled out in Hefty bags and there weren’t any pieces bigger than a hardback book.  And it wasn’t the first time it had happened, although it was the fastest and most thorough.  What surprised me was how matter of fact the mom was when she described it.  It happened then we cleaned it up, ordered a new bed and got a air mattress out for a few nights.  No big deal.  I never actually met her but I’ve based Martha on some of the moms I did speak with.

Michael’s mangled lyrics for Old MacDonald are based on the lyrics my husband used to sing to our children.  They would laugh like crazy when he got it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment