Thursday 5 February 2015

About Behind the Scenes

I am one of those people who watches the director's commentary on DVDs.  Sometimes, I watch it more than once because finding out how a story comes together fascinates me.  The combinations of planning, editing and incorporating chance events all come together to create a story which seems like it grew rather than was made.  (Sometimes I watch and the director will say "I was going to do X but went with Y" and I'll say to myself: should have stuck with X.)

This is my version of a director's commentary.  I talk about my favorite scenes and lines, go into the inspiration for some characters and moments, and share how the story evolved as I wrote it.  If you are the sort of person who cares about having a pristine experience and not being spoiled, then read the book first.

I've organized it by chapter so that if you're interested in a particular bit, you can jump down to that chapter.  If there's a question burning in your mind which I haven't answered, send me an email at jclewis@pastthemirror.com and I'll do my best to answer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment